- Position : Analytical Development Chemist
- Department : Analytical R&D
- Requisition :req6986
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 05/19/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Analytical Development Chemist to join our Research & Development Department.
The main responsibilities of this position are to develop and validate analytical test methods and provide analytical support for the product development chemists. Key duties include development and validation of new analytical methods conducted under the guidance of a Senior Chemist/Scientist, preparation of reports, protocols and other documents for regulatory submissions as well as testing of R&D batches, raw materials and packaging components in accordance with GMP/GLP regulations. Majority of duties may include hands on work following cGMP requirements. Work is completed in a timely manner, to ensure meeting departmental and corporate goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
• Develop, validate and document new analytical methods (with guidance from senior R&D staff)
• prepare development/validation and other research reports
• report and clearly document all research work in performed
• report GMP work in accordance with current GMP/GLP regulations
• perform screen stability testing of R&D products and other R&D test require for PD support and submission
• Conduct laboratory investigation activities as assigned
• Participate in activities leading to product approval under the guidance of a Senior Staff (i.e. deficiency letter responses for chemistry issues, investigations, etc.)
• prepare and submit monthly reports regarding activities and results
• Draft protocols and perform study for method validation/ verification/ transfer / E&L / Compatibility study etc.
• maintain a clean laboratory environment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
• Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
• Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
• Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
• Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
• Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
• Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B. Sc., M. Sc., Ph.D. in Chemistry and experience in a pharmaceutical-related field required
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of organic, inorganic, physical and analytical chemistry including instrumental analysis
- In-depth knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography, spectroscopy and other analytical techniques employed in the pharmaceutical development
- Familiarity with modern computer assisted analytical instrumentation methods and with older techniques (i.e. titration)
- Experience with Method Validation and Development activities
- Good knowledge and understanding of GMP-s and GLP-s, as well as with pertinent FDA and Health Canada guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of applicable software
- Good organizational skills; Multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work with different team members by sharing the work and responsibility
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Analytical Development Chemist req6986 in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.