- Position : Production Technician (Junior)
- Department : Compounding
- Requisition :#20ProductionTechnician
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 05/09/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Production Technician (Junior) to join our Production department.
Cleaning & sanitizing compounding equipment and GMP working areas according to applicable SOP’s. The successful incumbent may also be required to learn aspects of manufacturing such as performing wash-up of equipment, set up of vessels, verification of tasks for principal compounding operators and assisting in compounding of batches.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Work with safety in mind with all assigned tasks.
- Wash and sanitize miscellaneous and product contact parts in compounding department.
- Maintain the wash up room in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Clean and sanitize GMP areas according to applicable SOPs.
- Maintain miscellaneous and sanitization supplies including housekeeping in GMP zones.
- Complete all applicable documentation such as cleaning & sanitizing records /logs on MES.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain up to date personal training records.
- Assist with staging of raw materials and equipment as required.
- Assist custodial staff with cleaning of the premises when requested.
- Dismantle compounding equipment and perform set up of equipment when required.
- Other duties as assigned by compounding Lead Hand or Supervisor.
Hours of work
3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
Days – Monday to Friday inclusive from 6:00 a.m. through to 2:00 p.m.
Afternoons – Monday to Friday inclusive from 2:00 p.m. through to 10:00 p.m.
Nights – Monday at 10:00 p.m. through to Saturday at 6:00 a.m. (inclusive)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent combined with a minimum of 2 years of previous relevant experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry including experience with mechanical set-ups in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP environment.
- Proven mechanical aptitude is required.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of SOP’s required to be in compliance with cGMPs.
- Strong math skills including ability to add, subtract, divide, multiply, and calculate averages and percentages.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes. Must be comfortable with use of tablets and trainable on associated programs (MES, SAP).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment and operations personnel.
- Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) requirements.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Production Technician in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.