- Position : Warehouse Associate II (Afternoon shift - Raymond Double Reach)
- Department : Warehouse and Distribution
- Requisition :19HRCN-119
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 04/17/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Warehouse Associate II (Afternoon shift) to join our Warehouse department.
This position is on the Afternoon Shift (Monday to Friday, 3:30 pm – 11:30 pm inclusive)
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the movement of both inventory and non-inventory items within the Taro warehouse(s), production and compounding departments, and with external customers while providing a high level of service to internal and external stakeholders.
* Valid Forklift Certification is required (Raymond Double Reach, Counterbalance, and Walkie) *
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Operate Fork Lift and/or Pallet trucks:
- Timely pick, stage, load/unload trucks, check and supply components, bulk inventory, and raw materials as per pick lists for the Packaging, Compounding and other internal departments.
- Verify material description, item number, lot number, container number, license plate and counts for all inbound and outbound materials and to ensure proper documentation in SAP according procedures.
- Material movements via RF Gun and backup systems when required.
- Drive the 5 ton Taro Truck to move material safely between the Taro buildings.
- Perform timely cycle counts as required.
- Complete all cGMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- General housekeeping duties in efforts to maintain a clean and organized working area as per cGMP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Secondary School / High School Diploma.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License in good standing is required.
- Fork lift truck certification is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience with Raymond Reach truck, and Ride on Walkie (Counter balance is an asset).
- 2 to 5 years of experience within a Warehouse environment.
- Prior pharmaceutical/food environment experience is a strong asset.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, manage time, and work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Understanding of cGMP concepts and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Good understanding of SAP and RF is an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 25kgs objects and handle 220 kg drums using supplied equipment.
- Required to follow and adhere to proper material handling procedures.
- Must be safety consciousness.
- First Aid/CPR training is an asset.
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as required basis.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Warehouse Associate II (Afternoon shift) in the subject line. As noted, please indicate which shift(s) you are interested in. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.