- Position : Specialist, Procurement
- Department : Supply Chain
- Requisition :20HRCN-procurementspecialist
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/18/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our Supply Chain Department.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procuring materials required for production (Actives, Excipients and packaging) and for procuring non-inventory items for R&D, QC, Microbiology & facilities, and Capital Equipment purchase. Additionally, the Procurement Specialist will also be required to:
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and analyze quotes from existing and new vendors.
- Evaluate existing vendors for service and reliability
- Collaborate with vendor management to qualify and approve new vendors
- Manage optimum inventory
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Order materials regularly as per schedule for R&D, Quality Control and Microbiology Labs
- Responsible for ensuring equipment purchase requests are executed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ordering materials regularly as per the MRP, and responsible for releasing firm purchase orders as per MRP requirements.
- Responsible for effective cost savings to meet target set for Supply Chain Purchase team
- Working on process improvement initiatives to get flow less operation without any delays.
- Communicate any delivery issues which affect the master production schedule or Lab testing schedule
- Evaluate vendors based on quality product, rejection rate, pricing structure, and open issues.
- Responsible to maintain Supplier agreements/Contracts.
- Responsible to initiate change controls & follow up till implementation of new materials/change
- Responsible to resolve any shortages or discrepancies on received material with accounts payable.
- Responsible for bi-annual review of lot sizes and safety stocks levels
- Ensure quantities purchased meet Taro’s purchasing guidelines and policies.
- Survey market place for alternate vendor quotes to ensure competitiveness of existing vendors.
- Responsible for negotiating pricing with vendors and maintaining vendor pricing records as needed for analysis.
- Review open purchase orders to reduce and or increase quantities as necessary.
- Responsible to ensure that purchase orders are placed for components/raw materials to meet the launch dates of new products.
- Communicate Quality Control and Quality Assurance issues and rejections with appropriate vendors.
- Lead cross functional team to help resolve NOE’s, NCI’s and CAPA’s in a timely manner.
- Align Taro Packaging and Raw /API Material requirements with Supplier’s specifications.
- Check sourcing for outside testing labs.
- Following SOP on regular basis to be in compliance.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree in business or related or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Purchasing in Materials control in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Intermediate level : Microsoft Excel and Word
- SAP exp strongly preferred
- APICS or PMAC certification will be an asset.
- Experience in interfacing and interacting with diverse business groups
- Proficiency of computer programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures, policies and paradigms
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Procurement Specialist – 20HRCN-procurementspecialist in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.