- Position : Manager, Procurement
- Department : Supply Chain
- Requisition :20HRCN-ProcurementManager
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/18/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manager, Procurement to join our Supply Chain Department.
The purpose of this role is to manage various activities including sourcing of materials for production and non-inventory items, contract management, budget control and leading a team of buyers. The role requires strong customer service focus (internal & external) as well as the ability to source and negotiate with suppliers that offer quality products and deliver on commitments. Lastly, the position is accountable for the release of purchase orders, acknowledgement and expedition of such, as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead and manage a team of buyers in the Procurement function.
- Perform quarterly review of targets and conduct staff performance reviews. This includes identifying appropriate development plans.
- Manage procurement/purchasing budget.
- Manage new and existing vendor contracts through; negotiations, qualification, certification, maintaining supply agreements, and ensuring compliance requirements are met
- Ensure supply agreements are current and in effect with key vendors and create performance score cards for vendor evaluation.
- Work with Regulatory and Vendor management teams to ensure compliance with the business, and materials are meeting guidelines
- Collaborate with the vendor management team to schedule vendor audits as per Health Canada guidelines.
- Manage vendor escalations timely and efficiently to ensure zero impact on Production and Business Operations
- Approve purchase orders as per the corporate guidelines and policies.
- Responsible for sourcing new vendors; specifically for the Research & Development department
- Responsible for negotiating, obtaining quotes and selecting best suppliers by assessing quality of product and service delivery
- Create just in time supply management system for high volume, non-printed components.
- Optimize inventory projections based on open purchase orders, and review safety stock requirements for critical products.
- Review monthly inventory level reports and manage inventory of procured material as per corporate guidelines.
- Conduct lot sizes analysis on a bi-annual basis for purchased materials to reduce frequency of incoming materials
- Troubleshoot shortages or discrepancies relating to received material in collaboration with accounts payable.
- Ensure inventory capacities are managed in collaboration with the Warehouse department.
- Lead cross functional teams in resolving Non-Conformance Incidents (NCIs) and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs), in a timely manner.
- Initiate change control requests for new suppliers or other changes requested by vendors.
- Communicate supply issues with production planning and other departments
- Support the implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance/Control on issues with materials procured.
Other duties and responsibilities:
Management of daily and monthly reports:
- Review and analyze purchasing summary report- committed and planned purchase, and build additional reports as required
- Cost Comparison ; Analyzecosting quotes from vendors to establishcost savings
- Monthly inventory reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree in a science, business or relevant discipline OR post secondary diploma combined with equivalent work experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience in a procurement role with supervisory experience in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of production planning (BPCS / SAP MRP) systems, computer software, Microsoft Office and Cognos. Excellent Excel skills are a must.
- Good analytical skills.
- APICS or PMAC certification is an asset.
- Proven ability to interface with diverse business groups and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills in order to converse intelligently and appropriately with senior management, subordinates and colleagues
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with the goal of reaching outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong ability in developing business and cross functional relationships.
- Working knowledge of purchasing procedures, policies and paradigms.
- Strong multitasking skill with ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop project timelines in order to meet set targets.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Procurement Manager – 20HRCN-procurementmanager in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.