- Position : Line Leader, Packaging
- Department : Packaging
- Requisition :19HRCN-084
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/10/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Line Leader, Packaging to join our Production department on the night shift.
The Line Leader (midnight shift) is responsible for ensuring the safety, quality, productivity and appropriate training needs of team members to achieve the goals defined for the packaging department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as Packaging Work Orders, and forward to the documentation review clerk.
- Ensure equipment log books (stationary/non-stationary) are accurately completed.
- Reconcile components used for the packaging operation (using the BPCS ERP system).
- Review and ensure that accurate data is recorded and entered into Shop Floor Data collection system.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc. required in the SOP’s.
- Perform tasks as directed on the Packaging Work Order (PWO).
- Perform in-process checks.
- Retrieve samples as per PWO i.e. Routine, Stability, Validation etc.
- Participate in Line Clearance process.
- Safety: ensure team members are knowledgeable and aware of the equipment and environment they are expected to work in and operate.
- Quality: monitor and be aware of excessive scrap from the line.
- Complete BPCS transactions in a timely manner.
- Accurately complete PWOs and reconcile components in a timely manner.
- Productivity: minimize downtime and maximize up-time by comparing standard line efficiencies to current real time productivity. (Check Weigh Display Data & Shop Floor Data Control).
- Effectively communicate safety, quality and productivity issues to the line mechanics.
- Ensure efficient labour utilization of all team members.
- Delegate on-line tasks.
- Assist with training of “line leaders in training”.
- Perform documentation review.
- Supervise / co-ordinate off line packaging activities.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s).
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
HOURS OF WORK
NIGHT SHIFT: Monday (Night) to Saturday (Morning) from 11:25 PM through to 7:35 AM
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a similar capacity within a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Previous experience within a current GMP manufacturing environment is required.
- Excellent math skills and proficiency with applicable computer applications.
- Strong organization ability combined with proactive mindset and ability to anticipate issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with shop floor personnel on a daily basis.
- Previous team lead experience is a strong asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Line Leader, Packaging in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.