- Position : Packaging Operator
- Department : Packaging
- Requisition :19HRCN-101
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 02/07/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for Packaging Operators to join our Production department on the night shift.
The main responsibilities of this position are to perform activities within the packaging department pertaining to the filling and packaging of drug product within a current Good Manufacturing Practices (cG.M.P) environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Packaging Work Order.
- Place packaged drug product into case shippers.
- Perform manual functions on the line such as transferring tubes from one conveyor to the next, flip cartons and supply the various magazines / hoppers with components.
- Operate packaging equipment and be able to perform roll changes and basic trouble shooting.
- Perform “in process “checks as directed by the line leader.
- Verify in-process test results, component lot # changes etc.
- Assist with the counting (reconcile) of components used for the packaging operation.
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Participate in the Line Clearance Process.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Assist line leaders with documentation and enter data into appropriate applications
- Operate manual fillers and L Bar sealers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in Non Conformance Investigations if required.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
HOURS OF WORK
NIGHT SHIFT: Monday (Night) to Saturday (Morning) from 11:25 PM through to 7:35 AM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a similar role within a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for daily interactions with shop floor personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Manual functions require good hand / eye co-ordination.
- Position requires sitting, standing, lifting and walking throughout the day.
- Overtime will be required. This may include additional time during the workweek and / or weekends.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Packaging Operator – Night Shift in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.