- Position : Training Specialist
- Department : Human Resources
- Requisition :
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/29/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
We are presently looking for a Training Specialist to join our Human Resources department.
The Training Specialist will serve as an internal trainer, training vendor partner, and training methodology subject matter expert in the areas of training analysis, development, delivery, post-program follow-up and evaluation. He/she will be responsible for taking hand-off of globally designed programs for local delivery & tracking, including any needed customization of content, format or delivery method. Targeted training curricula for individual contributors, supervisors and management includes new hire orientation, lunch & learns, business skills, customer service, end-user computer skills, leadership/career development, and team building events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Build relations and collaborate with local and global HR/L&OD colleagues, training program stakeholders, business partners, subject matter experts, internal clients and vendors.
- Be a brand advocate and role model to champion a culture of high performance.
- Assist with local training needs analysis and data collection activities for L&OD business planning input and feedback.
- Provide input on training program design and development projects, including creation or maintenance of project plans, participant materials, leader’s guides, running sheets, visual aids, and more.
- Deliver learning activities and lead training programs for timely, quality, consistent local deployment, including global train-the-trainer hand-offs and qualification as appropriate.
- Customize global training program designs/content as needed for local implementation/regulatory requirements.
- Assist with training room bookings, scheduling, confirmation notices, supplies/collateral, materials production & distribution, attendance tracking, program evaluation and reporting as needed.
- Facilitate new hire orientation training on the brand and the experience as part of enhanced global orientation & on-boarding approaches.
- Collaborate on planning and deployment of company culture and employee engagement initiatives, including introduction and activation of Vision-Mission-Values.
- Assist with investigation and planning of training vendor or consultant partnership opportunities.
- Assist with local educational or brand video story-boarding and video shoots as needed.
- Organize and assist with facilitation of team building activities as needed.
- Communicate and promote learning activities & career development models/opportunities.
- Set up for classroom and web-based/digital training programs or learning activities.
- Address training post-program follow-up activities and reinforcement/refresher initiatives.
- Support development, deployment and maintenance of eLearning and self-study materials.
- Assist with training meetings, conferences, webinars, etc. as needed.
- Partner with business subject matter experts and training program guest speakers as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date training program materials, including customized local content.
- Share and leverage best practices, including benchmarking and conducting research.
- Share updates and articles for training or other communication vehicles.
- Assist with the creation of and updates to training processes & procedures.
- Collaborate to maximize learning technology and performance tools.
- Run training reports and analyze development planning or other data as needed.
- Provide training cost estimates and budget input or feedback as needed.
- Deliver on annual goals and address individual development plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide other HR/L&OD duties to support the business as required.
- Participate in off sites or conferences as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory.
- Experience with classroom, web-based/digital and self-directed training delivery methods.
- Learning Management System experience as both an end-user and a trainer or administrator.
- Familiarity with talent management processes and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience with electronic learning tools such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate preferred.
- Desktop publishing familiarity preferred.
Background and Experience:
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theory.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline is required.
- Completion of or working towards completion of an adult education certificate program (i.e.) Certified Training and Development Professional designation.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in training, talent management or organizational development including training needs analysis, design, development and delivery experience, ideally in both a corporate setting as well as a manufacturing/distribution, healthcare or hospitality/service environment.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of new hire training, technical/functional training and/or business skills training experience.
- One (1) to (2) years of team building and/or supervisory/management/future leaders training experience.
- Human Resources, Marketing/Internal Communications or Business Operations experience preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Training Specialist in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.