- Position : Financial Accountant
- Department : Finance
- Requisition :20HRCN-5863
- Job Type : Contract
- Posting Date : 01/27/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
We are presently looking for a Financial Accountant (full time, contract - 10 months) to join our Finance Department. The main purpose of the role is to conduct Financial Analysis functions, including reporting and analysis of various monthly financial reports for management. The incumbent will also participate in the accounting close process and process professional allowance (PA) payments. There may also be other analysis to support the management team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Prepare and analyze various monthly financial reports, i.e., Cdn Net Sales reporting, etc
- Prepare monthly Net Sales forecast and Net Sales reporting for Corporate office including variance analysis versus budget and prior year
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and year-end planning of the close process, communicate requirements as necessary, assist in the preparation of entries and ensure appropriate working papers and reconciliations are prepared, as necessary.
- Prepare reports to support the preparation of the annual net sales budget and assist the Director, Private Label to develop forecasted deductions for the budget.
- Process key and non-key PA payments on a weekly/monthly basis in co-ordination with the Commercial Analytics team.
- Analyze and explain significant monthly/quarterly changes in PA reserve and customer PA payments in coordination with the Commercial Analytics team.
- Prepare monthly cash report for Treasurer.
- Design and implement new reports to satisfy user requirements.
- Develop and streamline existing processes.
- Communicate with various internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Assist Finance Management on a project by project basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelors degree preferably in an Accounting or Business stream -OR- equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience; preferably within a generic pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Candidates possessing an Accounting designation are preferred.
- Excellent business acumen combined with strong technical skills and accounting knowledge.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task. Able to identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with diverse teams and individuals.
- Ability to work within a team environment to achieve goals and targets.
- Flexibility in hours required to fulfill demands, particularly during month end and audit periods.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office including advanced Excel) combined with ERP experience, preferably with SAP.
- Experience with reporting systems, specifically SAP BW.
- Process improvement mindset with ability to propose changes to the existing processes and controls.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Financial Accountant in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.