- Position : Supervisor, Packaging
- Department : Packaging
- Requisition :19HRCN-6214
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/22/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Packaging Supervisor to join our Packaging Team on the night shift.
The Packaging Supervisor supervises the filling & packaging operation, ensuring that the highest possible product quality is maintained, while operating in a safe and efficient manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Directly supervise packaging activities of approximately 25-40 employees, ensuring close adherence to production schedule. Participate in scheduling activities with other members of the Operations group.
- Provide leadership to team members and develop personnel for further growth.
- Ensure compliance with cGMP guidelines and SOPs, maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
- Ensure staff is working in a safe environment and that safety procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure production meets Taro’s quality standard. Resolve quality issues with Quality Assurance Department.
- Actively participate in cost, continuous improvement such as 5S and other cross-functional projects.
- Review packaging work orders (PWO) and other product documents such as cleaning & sanitizing logs, housekeeping logs, etc.
- Work closely and involve line mechanics to meet scheduling requirements to ensure optimal equipment reliability.
- Play a leading role in employee management such as attendance and performance management, safety audits and meetings, shift meetings and shift scheduling.
- Perform payroll and human resources functions such as managing Time & Attendance (E-time), hiring, coaching and performance management.
- Ensure that all SOPs applicable/relating to Packaging Department are current and that all staff is trained in their use.
- Optimize labour utilization and productivity output to meet the goals of the department.
- Investigate in-process, product and equipment failure identifying the root cause and corrective actions.
- Report and complete safety incident reports as required.
- Maintain inventory of miscellaneous supplies and parts.
- Support cross-training program.
- Perform other duties as required or as directed by the Taro Management group.
- Participate in developing capital requirements for the department.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations.
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s).
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
HOURS OF WORK
NIGHT SHIFT: Monday (Night) to Saturday (Morning) from 11:25 PM through to 7:35 AM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary education (Degree or College Diploma) in a science or engineering technology discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of supervisory experience within the pharmaceutical manufacturing or related environment.
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes, equipment and cGMP practices.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, employee engagement, attendance and performance management combined with strong ability to build, lead and develop teams.
- Self-motivated and with a positive and proactive outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and report writing skills.
- Ability to analyze, perform root cause analysis and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task combined with strong organizational skills to organize daily events and meet departmental / Taro’s business commitments.
- Mathematical, scientific and mechanical aptitudes.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of BPCS, MES, SAP or other MRP program.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Packaging Supervisor in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.