- Position : Manager, Inventory Control
- Department : Supply Chain
- Requisition :19HRCN-InventoryManager
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/21/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manager, Inventory Control to join our Supply Chain Department.
The Manager, Inventory Control will be responsible for managing inventory levels of raw materials, bulk and finished goods, cycle counts, and inventory cost as per corporate guidelines. Additionally, this position will be responsible for managing the:
- MRP Data Coordinator - to ensure Item Master Integrity and timeliness of adjustments are complete and month-end reconciliations
- Packaging Specialist - to manage introduction of new die lines and operational efficiency
- Art Specialists - to manage Art flow and art revision transition
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide monthly / quarterly inventory reports.
- Collaborate with procurement and planning team to manage inventory targets.
- Inventory Management - analyze products with risk of obsolescence and propose opportunity to sales team in order to maximize financial achievement.
- Responsible to manage Art approval process.
- Responsible to manage and implement Art revisions with Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for managing introduction of NPI’s and LRRF’s.
- Month-End Analysis – current inventory and projections for finished goods and materials, excess/slow moving/obsolete, destruction.
- Product Launches – initiate and support strategic product launches to meet corporate timelines using project management techniques.
- Improve process of communication for new product introductions, label revision request forms, and label request forms.
- Create weekly Cycle count sheets for warehouse. Investigate over tolerance issues and the creation of NCI where required.
- Create quarterly cycle count accuracy reports.
- Attend Sales and Operations meetings with the Canadian team.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory on “hold”.
- Coordinate with QA/ QC to review and action inventory on hold.
- Create and manage monthly destruction reports.
- Canadian Finished goods short dated analysis. Inventory transfers to short dated warehouse.
- Responsible for managing expired raw materials and track materials expiring in rolling 12 weeks to support production planning.
- Annual verification of Item Master.
- Provide leadership and support on day to day operations of supply chain.
- Quarterly review of SOX requirements to ensure procedures reflect current practices.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Background and Experience Required:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in materials management/supply chain in a pharmaceutical or food industry
- Minimum University Education (Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/ Engineering )
- APICS or SCMP designation
- Strong communication skills in order to converse intelligently and appropriately with senior management, direct reports and colleagues
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook EDI, SAP, R/3 and APO
- Expert knowledge of supply chain processes ideally in the generics pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated leadership to see a longer term view, develop an action plan to get there and effectively influence others to support the effort
- Knowledge of MAC.
- SAP/ BPCS Knowledge of software functionality and data extraction.
- Experience in Operations, Materials Management, Production Planning.
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- BPCS MRP System
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience in interfacing and interacting with diverse business groups
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing 19HRCN-InventoryManager in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.