- Position : Manager, Production Maintenance
- Department : Production Maintenance
- Requisition :19HRCN-112
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/20/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manager, Production Maintenance to join our Production Maintenance Department.
The Production Maintenance Manager works closely with operations team to meet short and long term production targets. Responsibilities include the OEE of new and installed manufacturing and packaging equipment and processes. This position is also responsible to define and implement all necessary preventative maintenance considerations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Review and specification of new equipment and processes
- Evaluate activities of the set up mechanics and the technical processes to ensure production and quality demands are met.
- Analysis of current production processes aimed at building production efficiencies
- Process troubleshooting and root cause analysis to meet performance requirements
- Process control optimization to ensure performance, reliability, and quality targets are met
- Lead and mentor production technicians and provide technical expertise to stakeholders
- Work with internal customers to identify and define projects that will improve operations and reduce costs
- Partner with Facilities, Quality and Production on all projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior project management skills (scope development, execution, cost control, & safety)
- Solid GMP knowledge
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing, filling & packaging
- Proven track record of establishing clear objectives, monitoring key measures, and delivering results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office Software products
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to produce high quality work under changing circumstances
- An open mind to design options and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with others, ability to interact with both technical and less technical audiences
- Excellent budget management ability
Background and Experience Required:
- B.Sc. in an Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) discipline
- P.Eng. Certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years of engineering experience within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years supervisory / leadership experience
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies such as:
- Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Set up Reduction, and Six Sigma.
- Project Management experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Manager, Production Maintenance (19HRCN-112) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.