- Position : Mechanic, Production Maintenance
- Department : Production Maintenance
- Requisition :19HRCN-5819
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/15/2020
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Production Maintenance Mechanic to join our Production Maintenance Department.
The Production Maintenance Mechanic provides technical support by maintaining, repairing, setting-up, cleaning, performing machine adjustments and operating all mechanical equipment pertaining to the production of Taro drug products. The incumbent will be responsible for the mechanical performance of production equipment within the compounding department and may include support to the filling and packaging equipment, when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform mechanical related activities within the Production department pertaining to the compounding production of drug product within a G.M.P. environment.
- Mechanical related activities include but are not limited to the set-up, operating, troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance and cleaning of compounding equipment and all supporting auxiliary equipment. Includes all preventative maintenance measures required to support the above activities. This includes but not limited to ensuring all repairs are completed as per the appropriate SOP’s, such as LOTO procedures, impact assessments and repair order documentation.
- Address equipment related issues and concerns with a sense of urgency, execute preventative maintenance and planned repair to reduce and minimize unplanned downtime.
- Conduct root cause analysis of unplanned breakdown event, indentify preventative measures and strive for continuous improvement.
- Assist with the training of new hires.
- Provide training and guidance to new hires, operators and technicians ensuring the equipment is operated in a safe manner and all safety procedures are followed.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the design specifications for new equipment.
- Execute Validation protocols.
- Monitor and advise supervisor regarding low stock for consumable inventory parts such as “O” rings, seals etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Background and Experience Required:
- Completion of high school diploma or equivalent. Industrial Millwright License is an asset.
- Industrial Electrician License is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience working in a similar role within a pharmaceutical, food and beverage or consumer goods packaging environment.
- Mixing vessel and process equipment maintenance experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with strategic thinking of root cause and prevention.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to work from all types of blueprints, maintenance manuals, and drawings and the mathematical knowledge required for such work.
- Strong math skills.
- Excellent command of the English Language, strong written and oral communication skills with ability to interact with all shop floor employees on a daily basis.
- Ability to read and interpret original equipment manufacturer manuals and industrial drawings such as: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, instrumentation prints.
- Ability to use precision measurement tools (i.e. Micrometers, depth gages, calipers, machinist level).
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, and basic electrical circuits.
- Solid mechanical aptitude and background including machining, assembling, welding and fabrication.
- Strong computer skills with ability to manage full cycle processing of work orders with in-house program
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Flexibility to rotating shift work and occasional overtime
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Production Maintenance Mechanic (19HRCN-5819) in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.