- Position : Formulator
- Department : Research & Development, Product Development
- Requisition :19HRCN-053
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 11/12/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Formulator – Product Development to join our Research & Development - PD department.
The purposes of the position are to develop the formula and process for new products in accordance with GMP/GLP and Taro procedures, work is completed in timely manner to ensure meeting departmental and corporate goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop formulae and process for new products -- this includes literature searching, sourcing new raw materials and packaging components, preparing lab scale developmental batches, designing and executing experiments to support the final formulation and process.
- Write Master Formula and Packaging Work Orders for Exhibit Batches and Facilitate manufacturing and the packaging of exhibit batches
- Report and clearly document all research work is performed -- this includes documentation of protocol, experimental process, problems and observations and formulation development report.
- Participate in activities leading to Technical Transfer, process validation and commercial production troubleshooting under the guidance of Senior Formulation Scientist/Manager
- Plan project development activities proactively, and update outcomes and completion of the activities in a timely manner
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
- Provide technical training to Product Development colleagues
- Other activities to comply with GMP/GLP requirement
- Complete GMP training for updated SOPs, and complete all GMP activities and documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ph. D. or a M. Sc. degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with minimum one year of experience in formulation development is preferred for this position OR a B.Sc. / College degree with 3 years of experience in Semi-Solid and Liquid formulation development.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of liquid and semi-solid formulation development.
- Hands on experience and skills with design, implementation and evaluation of experiments.
- A good understanding of GMP.
- Familiarity with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills to facilitate timely completion of projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize and apply basic scientific knowledge and semi-solid theories to design effective experiments.
- Evaluate and assess formulations and processes based on analytical results.
- Collaborate with R&D professionals, plant staffs, administration staffs effectively to solve any issues or conflicts during product development.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Formulator – Product Development in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.