- Position : Line Inspector, QA (10 month Contract)
- Department : Quality Assurance
- Requisition :19HRCN-070
- Job Type : Contract
- Posting Date : 08/13/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Line Inspector to join our Quality Assurance Department on a 10 month contract assignment.
The main responsibility of this position is to perform regular QA inspection checks during the day to day packaging and compounding operations at Taro Canada. This activity would include routine line inspections for GMP requirements, bulk and documentation to ensure first time quality is built into the finished product to meet Taro and government agency cGMP requirements.
**Please note: This position requires monthly shift rotation.**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform routine line clearances/inspections on the packaging lines.
- Provide Line clearance certification and re-certification to production floor
- Ensure routine compliance of day to day activities on the compounding and packaging areas; working with operations personnel to achieve compliance.
- Monitor packaging and compounding to ensure that batch documentation requirements and SOPs are being followed.
- Review the required paperwork for accuracy and compliance on line and upon completion of the activity.
- Initiate incident reports and perform initial floor investigations and impact assessments to ascertain product quality impact.
- Coordinate and cooperate with investigation team to complete investigations in timely manner.
- Collect representative samples for testing and retention, and ensure all relevant paperwork is complete. Submit samples/re-samples to laboratory in a timely fashion to meet business needs.
- Maintain sample and retention records program.
- Communicating discrepancies to QA Manager or other departments where required.
- Work effectively with operation personnel to build in quality up front in the process.
- Prepare and update written procedures (SOPs/Forms/WIs) in areas of responsibility.
- Automate job functions to achieve continuous increase in productivity.
- Issuance, monitoring, review and archival of Production Log book review,
- Perform Real time review of PWOs and related documents (paper documents as well as /electronically)
- Perform QA review for Magnehelic gauges, Pest control and Temperature monitoring in the GMP areas and prepare quarterly EM reports
- Perform routine inspection of GMP areas and provide coaching to improve compliance and GMP behaviour
- Provide continuous support to packaging line, assess issues in GMP manner and provide real time solutions
- Initiate change control as required
- Initiate incident reports related to production areas, as required
- Provide floor support to investigation team and perform QA review of event reports, as required
- Oversee temperature monitoring systems for GMP areas; TempTale procurement, maintenance, identification (CPMS database), configuration, installation and monthly data downloading and trending.
- Initiate Product hold / Reject notification requests
- Record GMP observations on production floors on shift basis and communicate as required
- Communication with IT, Material management, Investigation team, Purchasing, Packaging Specialist and other dept for GMP related concerns or issues
- Perform product review in BPCS and update as required
- Real time BPCS correction for PKG entry error
- Provide one on one coaching to packaging support staff i.e. mechanics to improve RFT and good documentation practices
- Share GMP ideas/ thoughts and provide feedback to production floor during kick off meeting/weekly/monthly meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough GMP and SOP knowledge
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and chemicals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively to key areas/departments
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills to organize daily events to meet departmental and Taro business commitments
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize work accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with production line staff and management staff
- Training in WHMIS
- Strong computer skills are an asset (micr
Background and Experience:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Science, or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years QA/QC experience in pharmaceutical industry, preferred QA experience within the production/manufacturing environments
- Any deviations to procedures or systems are brought to the manager’s attention with logic, data and possible corrective measures
- Analyze situations and make decisions that may impact on production efficiencies and quality requirements
- Effectively communicate deviations and corrective actions to manager to establish continuous improvement practices
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Line Inspector, Quality Assurance in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.