- Position : Administrative Assistant
- Department : Operations
- Requisition :19HRCN-061
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 07/31/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Operations team.
Execute administrative functions for the VP, Head of Manufacturing. This individual is responsible for, generating various departmental reports, coordinating meetings and special events, ensuring department projects are completed on time and dealing with confidential correspondence, files, and projects. All other projects supporting the Operations group as well as support to the VP, Head of Quality and VP, Head of Operations will also be required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Completion of all administrative activities for the VP, Head of Manufacturing including maintenance of confidential correspondence, files, and calendar.
- Ensure departmental activities are completed on time.
- Prepare and distribute a variety of reports and presentations.
- Coordinate and complete various special projects/assignments, including reports of a confidential, sensitive and critical nature as required.
- Process non-inventory purchase orders, co-ordinate accounting functions such as expense reports and processing invoices for payment.
- Frequent day to day interaction with various employees and departments.
- Draft replies/responses to emails and other correspondence as assigned.
- Review documents required for VP, Head of Operations signature to ensure completeness, monitor for return and process accordingly.
- Coordinating meetings and taking minutes.
- Document and file reports.
- Periodic reception relief
- Coordination of special functions as required.
- Interaction with departments in US and Israel to obtain necessary information
- Liaising with department heads to gather data for presentation/reports as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- College Diploma or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of administrative experience supporting a senior level executive
- Related work experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills.
- Multidisciplinary office and manufacturing environment experience.
- Excellent organizational, and presentation skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent initiative
- Detail oriented
- Confidentiality and the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Administrative Assistant in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.