- Position : Specialist, Equipment Reliability Engineering
- Department : Engineering
- Requisition :18HRCN-063
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 02/22/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Specialist, Equipment Reliability Engineering to join our Engineering team.
This position challenges the status quo in facilities and strives for continuous improvement. Leads focused improvement on facility’s maintained equipment up time, efficiency and effectiveness. Provides technical expertise to other team members through improvement initiatives. Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modification to improve safety and reliability. Plans and leads the preventive maintenance (PM) work execution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Collect and analyze unplanned equipment downtime, identify and implement corrective and preventive activities through planned repairs and PM work order optimization.
- Lead the efficiency and effectiveness improvement on Facility maintained equipment.
- Offer technical advice, assistance, training and motivation to the Engineering group where and when necessary.
- Assist with advice on design specifications for new and existing equipment as the need arises.
- Assist with the execution of validation protocols on equipment qualification.
- Assist in the provision of training on technical issues as the need arises.
- Assist with mechanical evaluations and their operational effectiveness.
- Participate in Non Conformance Investigations (NCI) as a SME.
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s) as required as a SME.
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits as a SME.
- Perform other duties including support for other teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Industrial Millwright License is required combined with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in mechanical and facilities maintenance, effectiveness, repairs and improvement modifications to equipment in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP setting.
- Sound knowledge and skills of mechanical operation, maintenance, repairs and modifications to Boilers, Chillers, Air-Compressors, HVAC units, Heat Exchangers, Tank Farm Storage Systems, Water Purification Systems and other equipment supported by the Engineering group.
- Experience of preventative maintenance procedures and documentation.
- Good communication, written and oral skills combined with ability to interact professionally with employees at all levels in the organization.
- Good trouble shooting /problem solving skills. Ability to analyze problems in a quick methodical fashion to obtain speedy results.
- Ability to quickly assimilate to new equipment installations.
- Team player with ability to share ideas and offer suggestions to resolve complex problems.
- Lead overall management of facilities critical spare parts including orderly storage.
- Be cognizant of the need for operating in a manner that takes into perspective the safety of personnel, the products produced, equipment utilized and GMP during the execution of duties
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Specialist, Equipment Reliability Engineering in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.