- Position : Manager, Product
- Department : Sales and Marketing
- Requisition :18HRCN-099
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 02/12/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Manager, Product to join our Sales & Marketing team.
This position will ensure that Taro and Sun product portfolios are both planned and executed as per the consensus forecast. The role is responsible for mitigating constraints and enhancing communication between Supply Chain, QA, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing. Using strong analytical skills, the successful incumbent must be able to interpret multiple data and information sources to develop action plans that optimize inventory availability for our customers and prioritize product supply during constrained market conditions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
Internal Stakeholder management pertaining to Demand, Supply and Inventory information
- Champion the flow of demand, supply and inventory information between key internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Sales/Marketing) to establish precise inventory availability dates that are communicated via the Customer Service team.
- Set regular QA release priorities to ensure inventory availability on key products.
- Alert internal teams to potential inventory anomalies stemming from external intelligence
- Proactively recommend product allocation protocols based on analysis of internal and external feedback; initiate discussion with Sales + Marketing to determine customer priorities when allocation is required
- Work with Marketing Team to evaluate potential short and long-term sales opportunities
Product Lifecycle Management
- Generate Monthly Consensus Forecasts to support market needs
- Generate annual budget model to facilitate 1-3 year sales projections
- Support Latest Estimate and Quarterly Business review process
- Assess multiple data sources (IQVIA, TSA) to evaluate market opportunities and threats.
New Product Launch Execution
- Track and execute commercial launch team activities to ensure seamless product launch performance
- Attend monthly product launch meetings to ensure that commercial launch activities are sequenced with the most up to date launch timing
- Manage pre-launch activities with internal Business Development, Marketing, Sales, Finance, QA and Customer Service business partners
- Monitor external market conditions and adjust launch activity timing accordingly
- Collect information for wholesaler set up, publish wholesaler set up information to internal launch team
- Ensure packaging and finished good samples are available prior to product launch in order to generate marketing materials and prelaunch sales tools.
- Transition product launch forecast to regular demand with Demand Planner.
Product Site Transfers
- Track and execute commercial product site transfer activities to ensure minimal disruption to customers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a University degree, preferably in a Commerce or related stream.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a Customer Service, Marketing, or Commercial Operations role.
- Software: SAP, Advanced Microsoft Excel + Office Suite.
- Experience working in the generic pharmaceutical industry or a similar commodity-driven industry.
- Experience in Forecasting (using various Forecasting Tools - John Galt, SAP etc.) Strong Project Management skills, preferably with a PMP Designation.
- Experience with customer logistics and the constraints of inventory management with external customers.
- Experience working with IMS data, advanced Excel skills.
- Exposure and experience working with multiple internal stakeholders such as supply chain, quality assurance, sales and marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure; strong ability to navigate conflicting priorities between stakeholders and commit to course of action from imperfect information.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Manager, Product in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.