- Position : Director, Production
- Department : Production
- Requisition :
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 01/22/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Director, Production to lead our Production teams.
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership, tactical support and direction to the organization with regards to Manufacturing Operations in order to achieve business plan goals for Health and Safety, Productivity, Quality and Profitability. In addition, the position is responsible for the production and packaging operations of semi-solid and liquid pharmaceutical products. The position ensures that the facility, employees, and products are in compliance with all regulatory requirements for quality and safety. The Director is responsible for leading the supporting production departments towards the realization of the company’s stated objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop strategic plans for the Canadian operation while ensuring site compliance with local and corporate Health and Safety requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations.
- Develop & execute annual budget and updates.
- Liaison with senior Taro management in Canada, New York, Israel and other locations.
- Lead production and logistics of Canadian management toward the realization of the Company’s stated objectives; helping to create and define projects/delegation of same.
- Monitor Taro Canada’s performance against key productivity indicators for Operations.
- Develop and champion cost savings initiatives.
- Coach, lead and develop subordinates and staff; develop and maintain succession plan. Ensure the completion of tasks by delegating responsibility and expected actions to Managers.
- Complete and participate in performance reviews.
- Establish and implement corporate policies.
- Coordinate the process of attaining monthly and weekly production plans in a safe and efficient manner. Ensure production schedules are met and manufacturing is completed as per Taro engineering standards.
- Participate in cross functional teams and review completed investigations (NCIs) with the objective of determining the “root cause” followed by implementation of a corrective action plan (CAPAs).
- Interface with the Materials Management department regarding scheduling issues and materials.
- Participate /coordinate special projects as defined by Taro management.
- Manage technical resources supporting packaging and compounding operations.
- Ensure that all products are manufactured according to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) regulations and all personnel operate within a safe work environment.
- Ensure that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required quality.
- Approve instructions relating to production operations and ensure strict implementation.
- Ensure that the production records are evaluated and signed by an authorized person.
- Responsible for the qualification and maintenance of the department, premises and equipment.
- Ensure that the appropriate validations are completed.
- Signing authority for master batch records and validation protocols.
- Ensure that the required initial and continuing training of department personnel is carried out and adapted according to need.
- Represent manufacturing and packaging on applicable steering committees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate University degree in Chemistry (or related Science discipline), Business, Engineering, or Pharmacy.
- Post-graduate work is preferred (either undergraduate or post-grad work in Marketing, Finance, Business Development, etc.)
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in production management and production planning.
- Experience with Regulatory policies and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines – Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Therapeutic Programs Directives (TPD).
- Experience in ERP/MRP, SAP and MES is preferred.
- Strong leadership capability, excellent communication skills, strong technical knowledge including operational excellence.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal departments – Canadian Sales & Marketing, Engineering, QA/QC, and Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Experience in liaising with outside contractors, consultants, industry peers, manufacturers, suppliers, etc.
- Extensive professional knowledge and experience in areas of logistics and production.
- Quality background as it relates to manufacturing and packaging including experience with Regulatory and Customer audits.
- Excellent management skills combined with proven team development expertise.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Director, Production in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.