- Position : Lab Techinician, Research and Development
- Department : Research and Development
- Requisition :18HRCN-041
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 12/19/2018
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Lab Technician to join our Research and Development Department.
The Lab Technician will be responsible for various general and analytical support activities in the Analytical R&D Laboratory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- General Laboratory Support PD & Analytical: Provide clean glassware & supply of clean pots and pans to R&D Development needs. Purchase and restock glassware, consumables and supplies
- Maintenance of the lab dishwasher, ordering parts and supplies and calling in service reps as required
- Maintain Chemical Inventory, LC/GC Column inventory (log in and out).
- Waste disposal (Solid, HPLC waste, Glass waste etc.,)
- Check safety showers, eye showers, clean water baths, sonicators and fume hoods
- Assist the Standards Coordinator – standards login, inventory, and testing.
- Assist the Stability Coordinator - Initiate R&D stability studies: label samples, place in chambers, update stability schedule and inventory
- Collecting samples for Chemistry and Microbiological testing upon request or at predetermined intervals
- Analytical testing under direction of another chemist or supervisor: Perform physical and chemical testing (e.g. Purified water, raw materials, standards, samples) and other analytical tasks (e.g. Karl Fisher, titrations, HPLC column regeneration, column characterization, weight loss studies)
- Analytical Support – enter test results into database and prepare result summaries, prepare mobile phases and other test solutions.
- Analytical sample login and registration of samples in LIMS
- Purchasing/receiving laboratory supplies
- Safe disposal of chemical solvent waste
- Daily monitoring of lab equipment (refrigerators, freezers, balances, stability chambers) and change chart recorder paper and pens as required.
- General cleaning of some lab equipment as required (sonic baths, ice-methanol bath, fumehoods, etc.)
- Participate in the annual review of laboratory chemicals
- Calibration of general lab equipment’s like viscometer, pH, water baths etc.,
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of science, preferably degree in Chemistry
- 1 – 2 years in a pharmaceutical company and a knowledge of lab procedures preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills with good command of English
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to lift 35 – 45 lbs
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Routine problem solving and decision making
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Lab Technician – 18HRCN-041 in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please