- Position : Lab Steward, Quality Control (12 month Contract)
- Department : Quality control
- Requisition :18HRCN-111
- Job Type : Contract
- Posting Date : 12/19/2018
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Lab Steward to join our Quality Control Department for a contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for various support activities in the QA/QC Laboratory.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Issuing analytical templates, disposing tested samples and chemical solvent waste
- Collecting of release and stability samples and logging the samples in the master schedule
- Washing of glassware for QC Laboratory.
- Restocking glassware and supplies used in the laboratory.
- Maintenance of the lab dishwasher and calling in service reps as required.
- Purchasing/receiving laboratory supplies
- Safe disposal of chemical solvent waste
- Daily monitoring of lab equipment (refrigerators/freezers/balances).
- General cleaning of some lab equipment as required (sonic baths, ice-methanol bath, fume hoods, etc.)
- Participate in the annual review of laboratory chemicals.
- Shift or flexible working hours may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma (Grade 12)
- Some knowledge of GMP’s and lab procedures preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- General knowledge of chemicals and MSDS
- Routine problem solving and decision making
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Lab Steward – 18HRCN-111 in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.