- Position : Senior Manager, Quality Assurance, Product Release & Logistics (12 month contract)
- Department : Quality Assurance, Product Release & Incoming Raw Materials
- Requisition :18HRCN-087
- Job Type : Contract
- Posting Date : 10/30/2018
- Location : Brampton, Canada
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Quality Assurance, the Senior Manager QA will participate in the maintenance of a site wide quality program to meet Taro, Canadian and FDA GMP requirements. This position leads the designated Quality Operational teams, supporting the releases of incoming raw materials and packaging components for manufacturing operations. As well as, overseeing the team responsible for final market release of contract manufactured finished goods as well as those manufactured at Taro Canada. This position oversees the QA Sample Retention Program and manages the Work in Progress (WIP) production documentation prior to archival. The incumbent also provides the QA oversight for all logistics activities (warehouse and distribution) both at the Brampton campus as well as those involving other 3PL distribution centres and the Taro New Jersey Distribution Centre (NJDC).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership to the team through employee development and performance management to establish/strengthen the performance of the team.
- Lead and facilitate priorities and organize weekly events/meetings to meet business requirements while keeping key stakeholders updated.
- Accountable for QA leadership on product release and logistics to key business partners such as Product Launch PharmaTech, Quality Control, Materials Management, Sales and Marketing, Production and Warehouse and Distribution.
- Manage logistics through participation in local and corporate initiatives as the QA SME.
- Establish and maintain compliant and efficient QA release systems. Ensure timely materials, components and product releases on a daily basis and tracking systems to monitor the program.
- Establish and maintain compliant and efficient QA Incoming Inspection systems. Ensure timely receipt, inspection and sampling of raw materials and packaging components on a regular basis and maintain metrics to measure and improve performance, as applicable.
- Champion initiatives focused on compliance improvement/readiness, efficiency gains and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide input into the design of the GMP training program to ensure adequate orientation and ongoing training is performed and documented to meet GMP requirements as well as elevate and standardize site wide GMP expectations.
- Accountable for providing oversight of the external warehouses.
- Lead and coordinate with the NJDC in order to ensure timely notification of disposition of products.
- Provide support to the QA group in NJDC to ensure procedural alliance with the overall goal of a harmonized compliance practices.
- Lead the coordination with NJDC and Haifa Israel to ensure timely release of inter-site transfer of Israeli product to the Canadian market.
- Lead the coordination with SUN Pharma, Taro and UPS to ensure timely release of inter-site transfer of SUN product to the Canadian market.
- Final authorization of Master documentation including artwork, forms and packaging work orders.
- Prepare and enhance standard operating procedures and perform training.
- Review and approve Change Controls, Master Formulas, Packaging Work Orders and SOPs in a timely manner to meet operational needs.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records up to date.
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations.
- Accountable for the completion of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) within the direct team.
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Assist Executive Director QA with other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent planning and detail orientation skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking capability.
- Sound risk management skills.
- Sound knowledge and application of Health Canada, FDA and ISO regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including strong technical writing capability.
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills combined with strong team lead ability and negotiation skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, results and performance driven in order to make quick and robust decisions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Senior Manager, Quality Assurance, Incoming Raw Materials & Product Release in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.