- Position : Senior Chemist, Analytical Development - Research and Development
- Department : Research and Development
- Requisition :18HRCN-083
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 09/28/2018
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Senior Chemist, Analytical Development to join our Research and Development Department.
The main responsibilities of this position are to develop and validate analytical test methods and provide analytical support for the product development chemists. Key duties include development and validation of new analytical methods, preparation of reports, specifications and other documents for regulatory submissions. Testing of R&D batches, raw materials and packaging components in accordance with GMP/GLP regulations may be required as needed. Work is completed with little supervision/guidance in a timely manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop, validate and document new analytical methods with minimum supervision
- Prepare development/validation and other research reports
- Report and clearly document all research work in performed
- Report GMP work in accordance with current GMP/GLP regulations
- Participate in activities leading to product approval (i.e. deficiency letter responses for chemistry issues, investigations, etc., with specific tasks outlined by the Manager)
- Provide technical support to R&D Analytical Chemists
- Assist the analytical chemists with out-of-spec investigations
- Participate in the training/coaching of new staff
- Isolate/identify/synthesize impurities as required
- Evaluate spectroscopic data (NMR, MS, IR)
- Research and prepare product and packaging material specifications
- Maintain a clean laboratory environment and ensure that safety regulations are followed
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B. Sc. in Chemistry or in a pharmaceutical–related field with 5+ years of work experience in an R&D environment
- Superior theoretical and practical knowledge of organic, inorganic and analytical chemistry including in-depth knowledge of gas and liquid chromatography, spectrography and other analytical techniques employed in the pharmaceutical development
- Sound knowledge of chemistry, with main focus on analytical, organic and physical chemistry
- Superior understanding of the Department’s work
- Familiarity with modern computer assisted analytical instrumentation methods as well as with older techniques (i.e. titration)
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of chromatography and spectrography
- Good knowledge and understanding of GMP-s and GLP-s, as well as with pertinent FDA and TPP guidelines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team based environment
- Knowledge of applicable software
- Good organizational skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Regular problem solving with significant degree of judgment coupled with excellent logical skills required. Problems include both routine and non-routine tasks, such as chemistry related issues (i.e. understanding the degradation pathway of the active) instrumentation related problems (understanding symptoms of HPLC problems and eliminating/repairing them) and first review of out-of-spec investigations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Senior Chemist, Analytical Development in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.