- Position : Customer Account Representative - British Columbia
- Department : Sales and Marketing
- Requisition :17HRCN-125
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 07/05/2019
- Location : British Columbia
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Sales and Marketing department is presently looking for a Customer Account Representative for our British Columbia Region (Northern/Interior BC and parts of lower mainland including Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission and the Tri-Cities Area).
General Position Summary:
The individual shall be an experienced sales professional that demonstrates leadership and accountability in achieving and exceeding sales targets, profitability objectives, market share goals and account penetration within an assigned territory/region. As part of a Regional Sales Unit, the individual demonstrates strong team player ability and can also work independently with little supervision. The Customer Account Representative will support the sales team by developing/executing business plans to achieve sales targets and cooperating with peers while building strong internal and external stakeholder partnerships.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Achieve / exceed annual territory net sales targets for both Taro Pharmaceuticals and SUN Pharma business units
- Service, promote/sell/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a partnership based selling approach
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to defend current business and generate new business
- Analyze the territory potential and determine value of existing and prospective customers and activities to the organization
- Develop and execute strategic business plans for territory and top tier accounts
- Prepare and execute quarterly business reviews with top tier accounts
- Utilize all provided marketing materials, sales tools and systems to maximize business opportunities within the determined territory
- Work to resolve customer issues and complaints
- Keep abreast of market conditions, competitive activities, new product launches, business trends and provide feedback to internal sales & marketing team
- Participate in trade shows and conventions as requested by management
- Complete all administration in a timely manner
- Occasional overnight travel (as required)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong selling skills (commodity vs. medical detailing)
- Negotiate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to adapt to changing environment quickly
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Strong time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities (e.g. innovative thinker)
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Exceptional communications skills both verbally and written
Background and Experience
- College/University degree in Science or Business
- Minimum of 5 years retail sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry, an asset
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Prior generic pharmaceutical sales, an asset
- Results Driven
- Influencing Others
- Customer Focus
- Building Collaborative Partnerships
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Oral Communication
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Customer Account Representative -BC in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.