- Position : Quality Control Development Analyst
- Department : Quality Control
- Requisition :19HRCN-054
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 07/03/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for QC Analyst to join the Development team of our Quality Control department.
The main responsibility for this position is to perform method development, validation and transfer activities to support Quality Control and Operations (Development).
*Please note: Method Development, Validation and Verification expereince is required*
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop and validate methods within the QC lab for HPLC and other instrumental techniques with the goal of updating and improving existing methods.
- Develop and validate cleaning validation methods as required.
- IV Drug release testing for product comparison.
- Perform process validation and cleaning validation testing.
- Perform method transfer activities.
- Support new product introduction.
- Product, method and raw material trouble shooting.
- Participate on projects in the area of focus related to process improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments to proactively build quality into the processes and systems.
- Create and revise QC procedures as required.
- Provide support for internal and Regulatory Inspections.
- Identify and implement key process improvements to enhance systems, gain site efficiencies and elevate GMP requirements.
- Generate, gather and analyze data for reporting purposes.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner.
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records.
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations.
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s).
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls.
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B. Sc. in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry in a quality control laboratory environment.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of analytical chemistry and instrumentation.
- Proficiency with analytical instrumentation (pH meter, viscometer, Karl Fisher apparatus, UV, IR, HPLC, GC, UPLC).
- Knowledge of applicable software including LIMS, Empower and MS Office.
- Sound knowledge and application of Health Canada and FDA regulations.
- Ability to influence others to do things while maintaining integrity and trust, by keeping a continuous focus on effective communications to ensure achievement of shared goals.
- Excellent written communication, report writing and technical writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task; detail oriented.
- Excellent problem solving and judgment.
- Advanced ability in investigative techniques to troubleshoot analytical problems.
- Well-developed interpersonal and teamwork skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing QC Analyst, Development in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.