- Position : Specialist, Art
- Department : Supply Chain
- Requisition :19HRCN-023
- Job Type : Contract
- Posting Date : 03/27/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for an Art Specialist to join our Supply Chain Department.
The Art Specialist is responsible to co-ordinate the flow of artwork and label copy through the art development to vendor stage. The Art Specialist is also responsible to create art for Canadian RX and OTC, where applicable. The Art Specialist will schedule and meet the timelines for product launch and private label requirements, and will work with vendors to resolve print issues as they arise with supplied art files.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Maintain the production of the labeling creation & production process of all private label items.
- Co-ordinate the traffic of all art files with head office for all SKUs.
- Set-up and maintain files on each new label product and customers.
- Develop and maintain customer original files and vendor specific files with and for NY.
- Execute and track daily progress of the file between each department at Taro as well as the progress to and from the customer and manufacturing site. (Especially with outsourced products).
- Expedite the flow from various departments in a timely manner to ensure against unnecessary delays.
- To build mechanical artwork for Canadian Rx and OTC, where required.
- Ensure that all art copy changes to all product lines are executed.
- Report to clients and Head office any problems with files to minimize delays.
- Ensure that all work is prioritized on a daily basis so files are received and our deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with the Packaging Technologist and Production Art Supervisor the dielines, templates artwork and Master Text needed for all SKUs.
- Maintain and route paperwork relative to the production of SKUs for Supply Chain
- Approve vendor supplied proofs.
- Maintain client and Sales Contact regarding status of their SKU in progress.
- Review both Canadian and US TARO label and private label art for technical production printability and resolve issues as required.
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Maintain schedules and priorities based on project timelines.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all departments and maintain control of all SKUs.
- Organize and sort all paper work etc. prior to closing job.
- Maintain proper files to ensure continuity and consistency.
- Update file status spread sheets.
- Inform all department head of upcoming jobs requiring special attention with regards to procedure and complexities.
- May be assigned specific projects related to art process development.
- Support NOE and NCI investigations with expert advise as required by investigation owners.
- Complete all GMP Documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Participate in and/or lead Non Conformance Investigations
- Complete Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s)
- Initiate, and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Participate in Internal, Customer and Regulatory Audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- College/ University education – Creative Design, Graphic Design, or Print Production
- 5-7 years similar experience in an Ad Agency, Graphic Arts Studio or prepress production
- Print experience with high level of understanding of offset, flexo and digital print strengths and limitations
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of prepress proofing methods, procedures and press limitations.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good computer spreadsheet skills.( Excel, Word, MS Project )
- Excellent understanding of Macintosh operating system, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat, QuarkXPress, and related utility software.
- Good communication skills.
- Art/Press Production knowledge and experience.
- Invoicing, billing experience and estimating.
- Sales support experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal skills to develop business relationships to ensure time lines are met.
- Ability to develop project time lines.
- In conjunction with Packaging Engineer, Marketing, TARO Art Department and the vendors, work on creating time lines for new products and revisions.
- Initiate revision to time lines where required to resolve any potential delays or risks to project completion.
- Be aware of changing production technologies and their roles within the workflow.
- Automate processes where possible.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Specialist, Art in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.