- Position : Compounder
- Department : Compounding
- Requisition :
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/20/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for three Compounders to join our Production department.
The main responsibilities of this position include cleaning, setting up and operating manufacturing equipment as part of the process of compounding pharmaceutical creams, ointments and liquids.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Complete G.M.P. documents, such as the Batch Record, cleaning & sanitizing logs, housekeeping logs and other documents / log records pertaining to manufacturing.
- Follow safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents. Assist when required to improve equipment safety related procedures. Wash and sanitize compounding rooms and vessels.
- Compounding batches as per SOP’s and Master Formulas. Report discrepancies and deviations in a timely manner to compounding lead hand or supervisor.
- Dispense raw materials when required.
- Perform accurate inventory transactions using the ERP system, BPCS.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment. Familiar with 5S processes and Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
- Participate and assist with continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Work safely and accurately with a focus on completing tasks and documentation right first time.
- Assist with the training of new compounders.
- Perform start-up and shutdown procedures for all vessels.
- Perform minor repairs to the facility and equipment where applicable.
- Perform verification checks for equipment (scales, mixers, pH meters) used in manufacturing as per predefine time periods.
- Assist Validation or Pharmaceutical Technology staff with new formulations and scale ups.
- Assist with investigations where necessary.
- Notify compounding lead hand and mechanic in a timely manner if equipment parts and compounding consumables are low in quantity.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned
Hours of work
3 shift rotation every 2 weeks
Days – Monday to Friday inclusive from 6:00 a.m. through to 2:00 p.m.
Afternoons – Monday to Friday inclusive from 2:00 p.m. through to 10:00 p.m.
Nights – Monday at 10:00 p.m. through to Saturday at 6:00 a.m. (inclusive)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Post Secondary education in scientific discipline is preferred or 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes. Must be comfortable with use of tablets and trainable on associated programs (MES, SAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Strong understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (G.M.P.) requirements.
- Must be able to actively listen and receive coaching and applicable training.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com referencing Compounder in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada. The successful candidate selected for this role must remain in the position for a minimum of 2 years before applying for alternative roles within the company.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.