- Position : Line Service Technician
- Department : Packaging
- Requisition :
- Job Type : Full Time
- Posting Date : 03/20/2019
- Location : Brampton, Ontario
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for Line Service Technicians to join our Production department on the day and afternoon shift.
The Line Service Technician maintains component supply to packaging lines, washes and assists with filler assembly. Operates filling lines and packaging equipment in a safe manner and maintains compliance with cGMP and SOP requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Operate filling lines and equipment
- Supply filling lines with components and bulk for packaging
- Ensure drum and lot changes are completed effectively and on-time with minimal bulk waste
- Set-up, monitor and adjust fill weights throughout the operation ensuring minimal overfill
- Assemble and disassemble equipment such as fillers, manifolds, tube holders and supply pumps
- Perform filler changeovers, set-ups and troubleshooting
- Prepare detergent and sanitizing agents with the correct dilution factor
- Sanitize filling rooms as per standard operating procedure
- Perform housekeeping tasks such as washing floors, walls etc.
- Perform line clearance processes both inside filling rooms and secondary packaging
- Complete G.M.P. documents right first time, for example cleaning & sanitization records, packaging work orders, non-stationary equipment logs etc.
- Wash and sanitize wetted change parts for fillers and supply pumps
- Troubleshoot machine problems effectively based on the observed abnormalities
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for metal and laminate tubes as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Set-up/change-over of product contact parts (hopper, graco pump, directional valve, auger, dosing pump, nozzle etc.)
- Sign off required line start-up documentation in the primary and secondary areas prior to production run
- Assist with training of new hires
- Assist Line Mechanics, as required
- Work with safety in mind with respect to all assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Training Level 3:
- Set-up/change-over filling (primary) equipment as required
- Replace o-rings for directional valve, dosing pump, nozzle assembly etc.
- Perform more detailed trouble shooting as it pertains to container closure, folding station, and tube holders etc
Training level 4:
- Change embossing/coding block characters (expiration date and batch number) for labels and cartons as specified on the packaging work order (PWO)
- Changeover and set-up (and change parts as required) of secondary packaging equipment – cartoner, labeler, pester/bundler and case packer based on established change parts and parameter values
- Assist mechanics in doing preventive and corrective maintenance tasks
HOURS OF WORK
DAY SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 7:25 AM through to 3:35 PM OR
AFTERNOON SHIFT: Monday to Friday inclusive from 3:25 PM through to 11:35 PM
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude combined with experience with mechanical set-ups on packing and filling lines in a pharmaceutical, food or similar GMP manufacturing environment.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent command of the English language combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft and Manufacturing Execution software.
- Fork lift certification an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Line Service Technician and shift preference in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc., please visit: www.taro.ca.