POSITION: Pilot Plant Technologist
Location: Brampton, Ontario
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Compounding and packaging of Exhibit / Clinical Batches using both the pilot plant and commercial equipment.
- Process development and scale up of R&D Formulations using the bench scale lab equipment, pilot plant and commercial equipment.
- Maintenance / calibration of equipment in Product Development Lab and in Pilot Plant.
- Staging of raw materials and packaging components for exhibit / processing batch manufacturing. This includes but is not limited to the setting up and preparation of the processing vessels, packaging equipment and ancillary equipment as well as ensuring that all documentation is completed.
- Maintenance of an adequate inventory of raw materials and packaging components for exhibit batch / processing batch manufacturing.
- Cleaning of the Pilot Plant and Pilot Plant equipment according to GMP standards, and maintaining cleaning records.
- Maintenance of the R&D inventory systems.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO DO THIS JOB:
- BSc degree or equivalent in Chemistry / Pharmaceutical or related field.
- Strong mechanic background.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GMP-s and GLP-s, as well as with pertinent FDA and TPP guidelines.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable in computer software application in database, spread sheet and word processing.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with demanding deadlines.
- Experience in engineering and mechanical aspects of manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment would be preferred.
If you are interested in this position or future roles at Taro Pharmaceuticals please forward your resume to email@example.com and indicate “Pilot Plant Technologist” in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc.,
please visit: www.taro.ca